Wedding Planning

Wedding planning is no small task. There are so many factors that go into it, if you don’t know what you are doing, you can get overwhelmed quickly. I remember the first wedding I had to plan all by myself – it was a feat, if ever. I had planned weddings before, but I was always the one to tie up loose ends, not catch the flailing ropes in mid air. I had a big challenge ahead of me, but I decided that if I can plan corporate parties and events, I can do this, too. I started out my wedding planning perfection formula with one major thing: a wedding checklist. I had no idea where to start, nor which way was up. My first instinct was to write it all down! So with my wedding checklist in hand, off I went to triage the items into workable steps. Wedding planning doesn’t have to be a huge, unworkable process. As long as you have the right ideas and the drive, you can plan a fantastic wedding! Wedding planning should be started a good 6 months before the actual date. Things can change, and you want to make sure that you can change with them – there’s nothing worse than having to switch things around at the last minute because you didn’t plan for a wedding mishap!

Wedding planning is actually a lot of fun – whether you are planning it for yourself or helping out a friend, planning a wedding can be one of the most rewarding things that you can do. You just need to make sure to have a list of all the items and things you will need, then you can start getting to work! You really don’t need a fancy wedding planning guide or anything to tell you how to start. Some people start right away with the dress, others with the location, and some start with the date. These are three major things to take into consideration when starting the wedding planning. I always start out with the date. Make sure that it is going to be a good date for both sides of the family. Then start looking for the location. When planning for a wedding, you need to think about weather as a factor if you start out with an outside wedding – always have a backup plan! Next on your wedding planning check list should be save the dates, invitations, and then you can start on colors and décor.

Wedding planning can be fun if you are an organized person that can orchestrate things well. If you happen to be lacking in that department, I would suggest you hire a professional wedding planner. They have lots of experience in planning weddings, and will be your best option. If you are doing a destination wedding, try to hire one close to the wedding site, as they will know all of the best caterers and vendors. There are different ways the wedding planning can go if you hire a professional, as well. You can choose your date and secure your location, then have them come in and set everything up for you, or you can do all the arrangements yourself and just have them come in during the rehearsal dinner through big day. However you feel comfortable with your wedding. Congratulations on your engagement and best of luck!

No comments: